Photography Studio Services & Rates
Whistle Stop Studios Hourly Rentals
Scope: This document describes the terms of renting the studio space heretofore referred to as Whistle Stop Studios, including rules, pricing and availability.
Purpose: To provide an affordable, professional, space for photographers who don’t have their own studio to do their work. Whistle Stop Studios may not be as large as others, but if you value a clean, safe, well organized, comfortable, space to do professional quality work, we are just what you’re looking for.
Because a studio employee must be present during the rental period, please plan accordingly.
Note: If there is enough interest in weekdays or summer weekends, I may hire someone to monitor rentals.
Call Gary at: 978-257-6165, or email to: Gary@MVimaging.biz giving the dates, and times you are interested in.
Location: On Rt 62 in Wilmington, MA less than a mile from Rt 93 and on the commuter rail Haverhill line.
Address: 200 Jefferson Rd, Unit #206, Wilmington, MA 01887
Studio owner: Gary Field - PO Box 762, Tewksbury, MA 01876
- This studio provides you the unique opportunity to have such great studio access that it will be essentially the same as owning your own fully equipped, professional studio!
- 1000 sq ft with 10 ft ceilings
- Three fully equipped sets. Including one with natural light
- Option to use our $5000 worth of Paul C Buff lights(Eight Einstein E640s), triggers and modifiers (Octabox, beauty dish, strip boxes, PLM). Studio employee will help set up lights.
- Built in 1990 and well maintained. This is a clean, modern, climate controlled space, NOT an old mill or warehouse.
- Private bathroom (toilet and sink) inside the space
- Private changing room with makeup station (table, mirror, lights)
- Large variety of props and backdrops to use
- Coffee station with Keurig coffee maker, microwave, small refrigerator and toaster oven. Coffee, creamers, Sugar and Splenda provided.
- Large, free, well lit, parking lot
- Dumpster for trash disposal
- Nice safe neighborhood
- Next door (<100 yards) to the North Wilmington Commuter Rail station on the Haverhill line (zone 3).
- For convenience, a number of small restaurants are located in the immediate vicinity. Dunkin Donuts, sub shops etc.
Studio Size: 1000 square feet with 10 foot white drop panel ceilings.
The studio is comprised of 3 rooms. One large 19 x 28 room and two smaller rooms 19 x 13 and 19 x 9. The 19 x 28 ft room being the main studio, divided into two sets. The 19 x 13 ft room can be used as a natural light bedroom set, as it has 3 large South facing windows. The 19 x 9 room is for prop and equipment storage, as well as a changing/makeup area for models. A dedicated makeup station with mirror, lights and an outlet is provided.
We rent the whole studio as a unit.
Hourly: $50/hr including lighting eqt, modifiers and props
1/2 Day(4 hrs): $160
Full Day(8 hrs): $300
Seamless paper cost is $15 per 8ft used (white, gray and blue are available, other colors may be available by special request.
Fees are payable in advance via check, Paypal or credit card when the booking is made.
Cancellations made more than 7 days in advance are fully refundable.
Cancellations made 3 to 7 days in advance are refunded at 50%.
No refunds on cancellations made less than 3 days prior to the rental period.
- A studio employee will be present during all rental periods to assist you in any way needed.
- Rental is at the discretion of the studio owner, Gary Field. If asked to leave the studio due to misconduct, the renter’s fee will be returned for the unused portion of the rental time period, and the renter will be barred from renting in the future.
- Renters may bring in an assistant, MUA , multiple models etc to help with his/her shoot. However, it is not allowed for a member to bring in other shooting photographers except as part of a planned, sanctioned studio event.
- No illegal drugs or controlled substances on premises. Alcohol may be brought into studio but must be kept from anyone under 21 y/o.
- Minor clients and models under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian present at all times. There will be no nudity, even implied, or lingerie pics of any kind with minor clients or models. Swimsuit shots are allowed if approved in writing by parent or guardian.
- Allowable Shoot Content (with clients and models 18 years or older): Any legal content.
- Well behaved dogs, cats and small mammals are allowed as part of shoots. Any other animals require special studio permission.
- No use of fire (up to 4 candles is OK), pyrotechnics, or dangerous chemicals in the studio. Fog machine fluid is OK.
- All users are required to leave the space exactly as it was found (everything in its place) when they leave. Damage to any equipment that is not your own must be reported immediately. Clean up time counts as part of the rental period.
- The refrigerator is provided as a convenience for our members and clients. Please treat it as you would your own at home. If you use bottled water or beer, replace it, so cold drinks will be available for the next user.
- Paper products are provided for your use, but please don’t waste them, or leave paper clutter around the studio. Trash receptacles are provided, please use them. If toilet paper, paper towels, or coffee supplies run low, leave me a note so I remember to replace it.
- A music system is provided for everyone to enjoy. Please keep the volume at a reasonable level. Other tenants in the building may not appreciate your wonderful taste in music as they are trying to work.
- There is a laptop on the desk that you may use for displaying pictures or other simple tasks. Please treat it gently and don’t install software on it. There is no Internet service provided. You may tether through your smartphone if desired.
- Studio Events: The studio will hold classes, gallery shows, fashion shows, workshops, and other types events at the studio. The studio’s facebook page and web site may be used to promote such events.
New Studio Usage Method: Announcing Time Packs!
Studio Time Packs: (user has self access: key and door code, and calendar access)
- 18 credits = $480+$20 key deposit = $500 ($27/34/40 per hr)
Studio hours are billed by categories...
Shoot Time Categories: The studio is officially only open 8AM to 11pm.
- Weekday hours M-F:8am-6pm = count as 1 credit
- Evening hours M-Sun:6pm-11pm count as 1.25 credits
- Weekend hours Sat/Sun:8am-6pm count as 1.5 credits
1) If a shoot’s time slot crosses between categories, the more expensive category is used to bill it.
2) Studio time is allocated on a first come, first served basis via a shared google calendar.
3) Time Packs are good for 12 months after purchase. Any unused credits become void unless applied to a membership - no refunds.
4) Users must be vetted, because they get keys to the studio. So, don’t expect that you can necessarily buy a Time Pack one day and start using it the next. Allow at least a week after your first Time Pack purchase.
I have lots of modeling contacts and can help you find models to suit your needs. At least 2 weeks notice is recommended.
Updated: May 25, 2016